Monday, November 14, 2011

Boxerwood Gardens

I FINALLY took Emma to Boxerwood Gardens last week. I've been hearing all about how great it is since the first week we moved in. But apparently it's really tucked away and you almost always need a guide to get you there. That part is true and so were the rumors of its awesomeness.

I wish I had pictures from our first trip-- but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to accurately capture the moment, so maybe it's better that I don't. EMMA. WAS. WILD. This place unleashed a toddler I have never seen before! She was literally yelling and beating on her bare chest like a little savage child. Why a bare chest? I had to partly undress her as she kept barreling into streams and buckets full of water. I had to have SOMETHING dry to put on her when we went home!

She was a total mess and so much fun. She climbed through tunnels, ate dirt, and ran around completely uninhibited and free :)
Here are some pictures from the second time we went (with Daddy this time).

(excuse my scraggly, mismatched child-- I had to dress her in pants and shoes that could get wet and try to keep her warm up top at the same time)



























2 comments:

Angela said...

I want to play here too! How fun!

Miss Ashley said...

I miss the Swanks so bad right now!