Monday, February 8, 2010

Home Improvements

Since Chris and I found out that I was pregnant, we've been slowly trying to make our apartment more home-like and less starving-student-that-shops-at-D.I. like. Here's what we've done!

New Couches
(this was the major demand I had made to Chris for having a baby in Utah. Our old couches came from the side of the road in Salt Lake... not quite comfortable having an infant on them...)


We hung a pot rack.


We got dressers for both bedrooms. Which has been heaven. We've never had a full set of dresser drawers in our bedroom- and it really cleared out some space for us!


New bedding for us... Our old comforter was a little too small for our bed, but it fits perfectly on the guest bed! ...which is going to really be less of a guest bed and more of a "mommy bed" when I'm hanging out with the baby in the middle of the night.


I painted this old frame that I found a while ago in our old building.


This will be the baby's room. I've done almost NOTHING to it yet. I've still got to finish the bathroom before I'm allowing myself to start decorating this room.
So it'll still be a few more months.


While we've done no decorating, we HAVE stocked up on diapers and wipes. And there are more in the dresser!
We're at about 300 diapers and 900 wipes :)



1 comment:

Mark and his Girlies said...

Good thing on the diapers and wipes...that stock will last about a week:-)

BTW...your place looks GREAT!