Friday, September 3, 2010

crazy.

There's been a sudden turn of events in my life and an upheaval of everything that I've believed to be firm and immovable. I'll just come right out and say it...

I think I like Persuasion better than Pride and Prejudice. I don't know how it happened! One minute I'm just sitting there on the couch, reading my Complete Works of Jane Austen and the next, this crazy sentence just pops out of my mouth: "Wow! This is better than Pride and Prejudice!" What??? I know. It surprised me too. But I'm dealing with it. I'm moving through it, trying to make sense of things. I mean, I had read the book before, but I don't think I ever really gave it a fair shot, you know? And somehow, this time, I let my guard down and was falling in love before I really knew what happened!

Oh, well. At least Pride and Prejudice still holds the best movie title (and I am absolutely NOT referring to the one with Keira Knightley in it-- gag me).

So here's to a new love! If anybody needs me, I'll be reading Persuasion again.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Ohh I love your Jane Austen adoration!! And I love that you hate the Keira Knightley version as much as I do!!!

mamagale said...

Amen- the Keira Knightley version is a travesty!