Friday, July 1, 2011

Update and a few more beach pictures

So here's the deal-e-o:

Both Chris and the truck made it to Buena Vista. Check.

Some of my worst fears were dismissed when Chris was able to confirm that the closest wal-mart is only 10 minutes away (we'd heard rumors of a 1/2 hour long drive...) and it is a super wal-mart. Never thought that would make me so happy :)

There were only a few casualties in the moving truck-- cheap-o bookshelves (that I happened to love and use for EVERYTHING) and our only lamp (don't worry that the people who bought our couch broke the other one-- barely apologizing and leaving glass shattered all over the living room floor. Nice).

I've gained about 5 lbs. (and I think that's a low guess) since I've been home.  I need to get back to the starving student diet. That was working well :)

Chris will be here on Sunday, we'll drive back up to BV (that's how all the locals abbreviate it !) on Monday morning with 2 EFY-ers in tow. Then back down the next weekend to unload the spiritually uplifted teens and stick around for Coop's Court of Honor.

We'll post some pics of the apartment soon! Wish us luck :)

And, now, a few more beach pics...







No comments: