Tuesday, June 28, 2011

baby cousin, once removed.

Most of you know that my cousin married my college roommate. And that they just had a baby. And he is. so. cute. But I didn't know what to call him? He kind of seemed like my nephew, but that wasn't right, and I didn't think I should try to usurp the title of "aunt" when has perfectly good, legitimate aunts. And we're not first cousins. And I didn't think we were second cousins either. And I didn't know what relation he had to Emma. It was all very confusing.

So I googled.

Turns out, Mason is my first cousin, once removed. And he's Emma's second cousin. Google sure clears things up in a hurry :) Would you like to see him? He's very adorable, so prepare your self.


I really wanted a picture of Emma and Mason together, but there was a high to very high chance that she would bite him. Hard. So I didn't get the picture. Maybe at Christmas.

When he's a little more durable...

1 comment:

Nursing School by Night said...

Being the mother to this little monster, I haven't had any time to catch up on my blog reading and I am just now seeing this. I'm so glad we clarified the relationship! That makes a lot more sense. But I would be okay with him adopting you as an aunt. Cousin once removed is hard for a little one to say. =) Thank you for the darling pictures of our little man!!