Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


In preparation for Thanksgiving, I'm making chocolate chip cookies to go into my version of the Baltimore Bomb Pie. And these cookies are so good. Like, really, really good. Which is a nice change for my cookie-baking self esteem. I spent about 5 years after I moved out of my parents house trying to make decent chocolate chip cookies, but they never turned out. I don't know if it's the altitude here in Utah, or if my mom was secretly adding stuff to the cookie batter to make them better when I lived at home. Either way, my cookies were never good before I stumbled upon this recipe.

So I got to thinking about it, and wondering why it took me so long to find this recipe. It seems simple enough, just the normal ingredients. And it's not like it was hidden in the back of some super secret vaulted cookie cookbook. So I did a google search for chocolate chip cookie recipes. And you know what? I didn't find a single exact match to this recipe out there on the web! So, the point that I'm getting to, is that I think everyone should have access to this recipe! So here it is-- my early Christmas gift to you. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Better Homes and Gardens "Biggest Book of Cookies"

Preheat oven to 375

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
12 oz. MILK chocolate chips (although semi-sweet is okay too)

Nothing too tricky here: cream butter and shortening, then add each of the ingredients one at a time (waiting until completely combined before adding the next).

Serve with cold milk. Obviously.

No comments: