Thursday, December 8, 2011

My dad...

...totally did not ask me to blog about this. Nuh-uh. No way. Not my Dad.

He really doesn't like the attention. He's a modest, humble guy.

But I said "No! I must show the world what amazing things you can do!"

And he said, "Oh, no Ashton. Please, don't. I'd rather my acts of kindness go unpublished and not be displayed to all of your friends and our family."

And then I quoted him that line, how does it go? "For many a flower is born to blush unseen..." And I absolutely insisted on writing this blog post about his blossoming pallet artistry as to ensure that he, as a flower, would not blush unseen.

But it must absolutely be understood that my dad did not ask me to write this blog post.

Not in a million years. *wink*

Ok. All joking aside-- he really did do an awesome job creating some much needed shelving for us in our apartment. And just with pallets, some variety of power tools (which I'm not at all familiar with), and his own, calloused, hard working, two hands. Wanna see?




(we call this "helping" in our family...)




Pretty awesome, huh?

1 comment:

Nursing School by Night said...

hahahaha the "helping" picture is hilarious. That looks like my family's version of helping too.