Wednesday, April 25, 2012

National Infertility Awareness Week

I've made several friends through blogging who I communicate regularly with and truly consider to be friends, even though we've never met. And if I were to have a BBFF (Blogging BFF :), it would be Dorothy, from Crazy For Crust. She and I both started blogging about desserts around the same time, and we do a lot to support each others blogging efforts. It's been a really fun friendship for me to develop.

Anyway. Dorothy shared her infertility story on her blog this week. And I was so touched by it that I wanted to share with all of you.

It's not necessarily her story of infertility itself that made an impression on me (although it's very moving)-- but more so her attitude about their infertility and gratitude for the one child she was able to conceive and for their little family of 3.

It's such a wonderful reminder to me that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us-- and often times it's not the plan we had for ourselves. But that if we approach our situation in life with gratitude and a willingness to follow His will, we can and will be happy in this life.

Hope you'll take a second to visit Dorothy and read her story!

No comments: