Thursday, August 12, 2010

ghost of t-shirts past...


I made a quilt out of old t-shirts the summer that Chris and I were engaged. I've had it put away forever now, probably almost 3 years. Anyway, I rediscovered it the other night and got all nostalgic looking at all my favorite high school and college t-shirts and decided it was blog-worthy. So here it is:

My brothers gave me this t-shirt for Christmas one year. I'm a big Jane Austen fan and love this opening line to my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice.



This one was our junior year powder puff t-shirt.



This one has a story. It's from my freshman year of high school. I was on the JV basketball team that year. Our coach really intimidated me and she was always super emphatic about everyone being on time for everything. One game day, I thought I was running late (but, in actuality, I was really early) and when I saw the empty gym, I sprinted on to the bus in a panic (in true freshman style) and panted frantically, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!!!" The coach and the few girls who were already there got a real kick out of it and decided it was proof enough of my stupidity to nick name me "blondie" (remember when you said that all the time? no? maybe it was just me...) for the rest of the season. They didn't let me choose the name that went of the back of my t-shirt. Clearly.



And this one is from college. Shanna and I went on a road trip to her home{paper making}town. It was such a freaking awesome trip that I came back with a t-shirt :)



Last, but not least, my senior year WFRHS t-shirt. Can you find my name?

No comments: