Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Apple Pie for 4 points.

To women everywhere who love to bake but hate to count calories: I feel pretty obligated to share this recipe. I found a weight watchers apple pie recipe, substituted splenda for the sugar and added 1/2 tsp fat free caramel sauce on top-- and it's fantastic. And cute. If you make individual sized pies like I did. If you want to make yours less cute, just make a regular pie (all the same ingredients and measurements) :) I won't judge.


Crust:
1 cup flour
2 tsp sugar (not splenda)
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. water

(use whatever method you would normally use to make a crust. I make mine in a ziplock bag-- these low fat recipes tend to be a little bit more crumbly and I can keep it together better in a bag... that's just me though.)

Filling:
3 medium apples, diced
2 tbsp. splenda brown sugar (WW recipe calls for 1/4 cup sugar)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon

(mix all together until apples are well coated. I also do this in a bag.)

Topping:
1/3 c. oats
5 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. splenda (WW calls for 2 tbsp sugar)
2 tbsp. butter

(mix together. again, I use a bag.)

OK- here's the fun part. Using a large round cookie cutter (or cup or whatever you have) cut 8 small pie crusts from your rolled out dough. Fit them into a muffin tin. Fill with apples, top with oatmeal stuff. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 tsp fat free caramel sauce. SO GOOD.

Nutrition Info (using splenda):
216 calories
7 g fat
2 g fiber

No comments: