Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just the Peas, Please.

Emma looooooves peas. I can't really remember when that started.

Because she wouldn't touch the stuff in mushed up form.

Tonight I made BBQ Pork, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas for dinner.
A nice, tasty, nutritious meal.

The only thing Emma ate was the peas-- and not that I'm complaining. If that's the only thing I can get her to eat for the next 16 years, I can live with that!

But I tried to slip in some mashed potatoes on her fork.
And I mean, the ittiest, bittiest  bit of mashed potatoes you've ever seen.
Like maybe 1/2 a teaspoon. Seriously.

She put it in her mouth, chewed, and swallowed.
And I totally thought I had gotten away with something.

Until she paused, thought a moment, and looked at me.
And if looks could speak, hers would have clearly said:
"What. Did. You. Do??????"

She promptly stuck two of her fingers in her mouth, and gagged up the tainted forkful of peas and potatoes.

I'm possibly a little concerned....

No comments: