Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogging October

Something Swanky has, as you know been a major project going on in my life. I spend a lot of time planning out recipes and posts, networking and publicizing. This month seems to have really taken off for me, and as a result-- I've been super crazy!

There's the normal stuff like dessert...
Pumpkin Funnel Cake

Apple Pie in the making...
And then there's the crazy stuff...

Like creating an online blogging conference (OBC)! A friend of mine and I created a conference that bloggers could attend for an affordable price from anywhere in the world that they could access the internet. It was a gigantic (and unexpected) success, and we have plans to hold another one next year.

As part of the conference, we arranged for bloggers to meet with other OBC registrants in their areas for dinner. This was me at the NC meet up:

Overall, I think I can say it was a good experience. It was a hard experience. It took away a lot of the time that I had for Chris and Emma for a couple of months. But it really launched my blog to another level, and allowed me to do some networking that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

But I'm glad it's over for this year... :)

No comments: