Sunday, October 21, 2012

Making Memories

I've made a goal (er... as of today) to blog on here every Sunday. Somehow, this blog has slipped away from me sometime around.... May-ish... I think?

But I'm really determined to keep it up. Mostly because Chris and I like to use it as our scrapbook/journal every year and print it off. So it's ok if I'm a little late in posting-- just as long as I get it in before the end of the year, right?

Anyway. In an effort to go through some of the non-dessert photos I've had sitting on the camera and computer, I found these pictures of Emma painting her Aquadoodle (which we LOVE).









As you can see, they're not particularly great pictures. Best I can tell, nothing really out of the ordinary is happening, and thanks to the lighting and an ever-squirming subject, the quality is pretty poor too.

And, frankly, I don't even really remember taking these pictures. It's been that long. And my mind is that cluttered.

But, judging by the lack of toys I'm seeing on the floor, and estimating the time is late afternoon according the the light from the window and Emma's post-nap hair... I'd say I was trying to capture one of our exceptionally peaceful afternoons on camera.

We have those once in a while, and they really are wonderful enough to try and photograph. So, even though I don't have a cute story to go along with these really crummy photographs, I'm pretty sure I can remember how I was feeling when I took these pictures.

And hopefully, by writing this, I'm saying to myself 10, 20, 30 years down the road, "Hey, remember when there were those afternoons when it was just you and Emma? And the apartment was clean, and she was happy, and you did nothing but paint the Aquadoodle and enjoy each others' company?"

And then I'll remember. Because I took these really awful photographs to make the memory.

No comments: