Thursday, December 30, 2010

We Heart Guy Fieri

I think I've mention before, Chris and I are big Food Network fans. Our favorite show is "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" hosted by Guy Fieri. While in Sacramento, we got to go to one of the restaurants he owns: Tex Wasabi. It's a blend of Japanese (mostly Sushi) and Tex Mex. My favorite thing about the menu was the Gringo Rolls. They're sushi rolls, but instead of raw fish, they've got pork and grilled chicken inside with BBQ sauce!




And then, on our way out of town, we hit this Triple D Diner in Reno:


Chris got the Ground Beef Steak and Gravy (which we're not recommending as anything amazing), and I got the Tri Tip Sandwhich with Mahogany sauce (they make the sauce with grape jelly!). We are recommending the sandwhich. SO good.



**Also, the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives episode that this diner was featured on is going to be airing again on Sunday, January 2 on Food Network!

No comments: