Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so grateful for everything that you are which encompasses all that it means to to be a Mother. You are the bar that I strive to raise myself to every single day, and you are the one I can turn to for comfort and understanding when I constantly fall short of that mark. Your example has been an invaluable resource to me that I would be lost without. You've taught me that it's OK when our children aren't perfect-- and that mommies don't have to be perfect either. You've taught me to trust myself in the child-rearing decisions that I make and then to be confident in those decisions. You've shown me how being a loving wife is important in mothering. I've seen you develop your relationship with Heavenly Father by reading your scriptures, fulfilling your callings, saying your prayers, and seeking priesthood guidance and blessings. You've taught me to respect Chris as the father of my children and as the leader of our home by loving and respecting my father. The importance of family is not lost on me because you've brought us together time and time again despite sibling quarrels, insane schedules, and even geographic challenges.

Thank you for all that you've done, and thank you for being my friend. Happy Mother's Day!!

Love,
Ashton


Mom,
I'm so grateful that I was lucky enough to be your son. We both know that I didn't make it easy on anyone growing up. You may not remember it but one of the memories that I remember and love so much was coming into your room one morning and seeing you kneeling next to the bed praying. You may have just been praying that you wouldn't kill me that day but it has always stuck with me. Thank you for your complete and enduring love for me no matter what. It helped me on my path of life and shown me how to love and appreciate my daughter.  You showed great patience in following the scripture Proverbs 22:6. I hope that I can continue to follow the path of love and kindness that you taught me to show all people so that we can live with each other as a family forever. 

Love,
Chris

No comments: